Home > Learn > Security Center > Privacy Protection
Do's and don'ts for privacy protection.
- Never include sensitive information in email.
- Never click on links within an email. It's safer to retype the web address into your browser.
- Don’t open attachments from strangers.
- Don’t open attachments with odd filename extensions.
- Watch for fraudulent emails. They often contain bad grammar and spelling.
- Always log off from websites where you used your login credentials such as username and password.
- Utilize automatic timeout features that prevent others from continuing your online banking sessions in case you leave your computer unattended.
- Sign up to receive e-Statements and protect yourself from mail fraud.
- Safeguard your Social Security number and PINs for your Debit/ATM or credit cards