Keep your cards safe and sound.
Don't disclose your personal identification number (PIN) to anyone.
Don't write your PIN number and never leave it out in the open or keep in your purse or wallet.
Don't give or lend your debit card to anyone.
Check your account statements often.
- Cut up old cards before you throw them away.
- Open your monthly statements promptly and compare them to your receipts.
- Carry only the cards that you need.
- If you are shopping online, shop on secure websites. One indicator about which websites are safe, and which are not, is the presence of a yellow padlock icon in the browser bar. Another indicator is ‘https’ in the web address.
- Don’t make purchases in free Wi-Fi hotspots, such as a coffee shop, which can put your passwords and other information at risk.
- Use your debit card only at established, well-lit ATMs with security cameras in place.
- Connect your Debit/ATM card with the MobiMoney app and your card off if necessary to prevent fraud as well as receive instant transaction alerts
- Sign up for e-alerts in Online Banking to monitor your balances, transactions or fraudulent attempts to retrieve your personal information by using your Online Banking login