Regulation D FAQs
Federal Regulation D places a monthly limit on the number of transfers you may make from your Savings Accounts or Money Market Accounts (MMAs) without your physical presence being required.
- Withdrawals from your Savings and Money Market accounts and transfers made between your accounts are unlimited when made under the following circumstances:
- In person at the branch (including share branches)
- ATM transactions
- By mail
- By mail or Night Drop
- Up to six (6) withdrawals or transfers among Savings and Money Market accounts are permitted each month in any of the following combinations when payable to a third party or to another account owned by you:
- Checks or similar orders
- Pre-authorized, automatic, scheduled or recurring transfers
- Online and Telephone Banking
- Overdraft from Savings
- How to avoid Reg D Fees
- Keep appropriate balances in your Checking account to reduce the number of overdraft transfers from Savings.
- Make insurance, utility, or recurring payments electronically from your Checking account instead of your Savings or Money Market account.
- Set up automatic transfers from your Checking account to other designated accounts.
- A complete description of Regulation D is included in the Truth in Savings Disclosure & Account Agreement.